SANYO DENKI CO., LTD. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”) shall handle personal information appropriately in accordance with this Personal Information Protection Policy, which is based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”)
|1. Name of the Company Handling Personal Information
SANYO DENKI CO., LTD.
|2．Compliance with Relevant Laws and Guidelines
Our company shall comply with the Personal Information Protection Law, and related laws, regulations and guidelines.
|3．Purpose of Usage
Our company shall use personal information for purposes within the following range.
(1) Customer-related Personal Information
1. processing requests; negotiating, finalizing and fulfilling contracts (including billing, processing payments, etc.), and other matters related to managing contracts
(2) Shareholder-related Personal Information
1. exercising our rights and obligations under the Companies Act
(3) Job Applicants' (incl. Prospective Hires'), and Internship Applicants' Personal Information
1. contacting people about recruiting activities and internships
(4) Employees' Personal Information (incl. information about their family, or persons given as emergency contacts or guarantors)
1. human resource and labor management
(5) Information About Retirees
1. contacting the person and/or their family regarding necessary post-retirement procedures and social activities, and handling their inquiries
(6) Personal Information About Participants / Members of Affiliated or Related Organizations
1. communicating about work operations, as well as providing information, receiving and distributing materials, etc. related to them
(7) Personal Information of Those Who Gave Answers to Questions or Comments
1. giving answers or opinions in response to necessary surveys or questions
(8) Information About Visitors and Those Captured On Our Company's Security Cameras
measures necessary for maintaining safety and crime prevention at our facilities
|4．Providing Personal Information
(1) Our company shall not provide someone's personal information in its possession to third parties, except in the following circumstances.
1. the person has given their consent
(2) Our company may share personal information with other companies within our group of companies for purposes within a certain range of use. In such cases our company shall take responsibility for the management of the personal information.
|5．Safety Management-related Measures
Our company shall take appropriate security management measures to prevent the leaking, loss or damage of personal information. Also, employees and contractors who handle personal information shall be properly supervised.
|6．The Disclosure of Personal Information, Notifications About its Usage, Corrections, Halting Its Usage, and Deletions (hereinafter referred to as “Disclosures”, etc.)
(1) Individuals (or their proxies) have the right to makes requests about the disclosure of their personal information, send notifications about its usage, make corrections to it, halt its usage and have it deleted (hereinafter referred to as “disclosure”), and our company shall respond promptly without objection. However, this does not apply to disclosures, etc. requested under the following circumstances.
1. it would risk harming the life, body, property, or the rights and interests of the person or a third party
(2) To prevent the aforementioned personal information from being leaked or rewritten by others, it is to be confirmed that the disclosure request is actually being made by the person concerned (or their proxy). Personal information shall only be disclosed after confirmation has been made.
(3) In regards to the personal information held by our company, applications to be notified about the purpose of its usage, disclosure, additions / corrections / deletions, halting its usage, remove, or suspend the supplying of it to third parties, will be accepted as follows.
<How to Apply>
Please download and fill-in the required information on the form mentioned in I, enclose it with the identification in II. and the payment for the fee in III. (this only applies to applications to be notified about the purpose of usage and requests for disclosure), and mail it to the address in IV.
II. Documentation Confirming the Person's Identity (either from A or B below)
A (one of the following)
a. a copy of their driver's license
B (one from both (i.) and (ii.) below, for a total of two items)
b. a copy of their residency card (issued within the previous 3 months)
b. a copy of their student ID card or certificate
(Note) Someone acting as a proxy would be asked to please send in one of the following additional documents.
1) A Proxy With Power of Attorney
・a power of attorney document (with their registered seal)
2) Legal Representative
・documentation certifying that they are the legal representative of a minor or an adult ward
III. a money order for the equivalent of a fixed \1,000 fee. (this only applies to applications to be notified about the purpose of usage and requests for disclosure)
IV. Personal Information Consultation Desk
(4) Personal information acquired by the company by procedures such as disclosure requests, etc. shall be used for investigative procedures to verify the identity of applicants or their proxies, collect fees, and respond to requests for disclosure.
(5) Please be aware that applications will not be accepted, and disclosures will not be made under the following circumstances.
・the identity of the person or their agent cannot be verified
Under the following circumstances, if it is decided that a disclosure will not be made, notification of the reason is to be given. However, please be aware that even if a requested disclosure is not made, the fee will not be refunded.
・our company does not posses the information being requested, or it does not fall under the classification of personal information
|7. Contact Information
Please direct any inquires regarding our company’s handling of personal information to: